Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, October 25, 2010

war and peace...

cooool! uncivil war breaks out over at Nippers.com
nippers
it seems the faux foodie folks at Nippers.com are STILL worried about manners and civility..the most acceptable hypocrisy..and why the traffic had dropped off in the past few years...gee, I wonder why????
says one dude: In my opinion, name calling is uncivil, to say the least..
says another:Occasionally someone wanders in and asks an innocent question on the topic of food or seeking a restaurant recommendation, but rarely are they dealt with in a civil manner.
and Christine: Broth- you are a dick.
Christine again: You are still a dick Broth, I have said it before- you have always been rude, snotty and think you are smarter than anybody who posts here...and you are welcome to take over as leader and ruler of all 5 people here. You and Nipper have fun cleaning the glass ceiling.
and Nipper: Christine -
Let's avoid name calling. That sends things on this forum into a quick tailspin.
I also disagree with you about this forum being "stupid" as I think the majority of the forum posters are very intelligent and I for one enjoy reading the posts herein. That is why I continue to pay to have this hosted.
We may not have tons of traffic, but "rarely read" is a bit extreme...
nipperite Bob D:
In my opinion, name calling is uncivil, to say the least. Perhaps more importantly, it diminishes the message of the name caller, making it easier to dismiss the entire message when there may be ideas worth considering. Mostly I miss the days when there were lively discussions every day about food, restaurants and cooking - in other words, the topics this site was designed for. I have so much to learn, and there were so many teachers in those days. I hope that this site can be revitalized somehow
Nipper:
Bob - I love your take on this and I, for one, am pleased to read your well crafted words. The good old days of the Forum lunches were a lot of fun and I've been tempted to restart them once my other commitments (work and children) are a little less demanding.
In retrospect, I'm not sure if "Chat Central" was such a good idea to add to the forum but at the time there were some who wished for a place to discuss off-topic issues. I think it might have turned some off the forum when they saw that members who were passionate about a common subject like local food might have very different positions on other subjects. Politics, religion, sex and money ... weren't those the things we were told shouldn't be brought up in social situations?
can't talk bout sex religion and politics?? who told you that, mommy and daddy?? or your meal-ticket Wendy? you're an adult now, think for yourself!! WTF else is there?? that's the blood of life in America!! or perhaps we should just keep the conversation about dogs...geez, Nipper..you are such a weenie!!
Nipper:
Nippers.com is in the process of being redesigned and eventually the forum will be upgraded to something more modern (this is old software by Internet standards). Sometime early next year we should see some new bells and whistles.
Thanks for hanging in there!
well, Nipper..I hate to burst your little bubble again, but you may want to check the newspress.com software too... I got a report your online site is still running stories by union trooper Melinda Burns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment