Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, October 15, 2010

the green green grass of home

smog check....

I went to get my truck smog checked in Carp and had a half hour to kill, so I rode around our little town...it's really hard to get any controversy going here, it's just too mellow and that's why I like it..you can crash your car in a drunken stupor, give away half a million tax dollars to Peoples Self Help Housing and folks here will still love ya!! so there's nothing I can do to stir the pot because Carpinterians are sometimes like zombies...good and loveable...but still zombies....there's just something about living here that has a calming affect....you go into Santa Barbara and everyone's wanking about something, then you get back here and it's all relaxed and beautiful and simple..yes, I live in a simple town because I am a simple man....a chick once told me I was simple and it just stuck with me...

so anyhoo I'm riding around and see some political signs in old town for Al Clark, Brad Stein, Janice Sukiyaki..and a few for Marty Blum and some for the new Water Board slate...the Water Board is an interesting election and I'll check that out later, but today I rode over to the State Park beach and checked out the "restoration" of the creek...
HOLY FUCK..these cock-cellist-asshole-artists got the banks covered with visqueen, a black plastic sheeting material...by "they" I mean the native -only cult that has infiltrated Carpinteria and brainwashed the Public Works and Parks people...so the idea is to kill the ice plant and other non native plants and replace them with "appropriate" native plants...we've been through all this before, but if they are using my tax money for this nonsense, I will sue them for promoting a pseudo-science and offering no evidence that the ice plant is doing any harm...in fact, the ice plant had been there for years and supports bees and other animals and is a hedge against erosion and pollution from the giant RVs that inhabit the park!!
so what they are doing is covering the plants with plastic to smother them to death...there's no reason to do this..it is an insane exercise and a waste of money...Plants are essential to the balance of nature and in people's lives. Green plants, i.e. those possessing chlorophyll, manufacture their own food and give off oxygen in the process called photosynthesis, in which water and carbon dioxide are combined by the energy of light. Plants are the ultimate source of food and metabolic energy for nearly all animals, who cannot manufacture their own food.
plastic death sheets on the banks of a creek to destroy habitat should be illegal and it is long past time to stir up a hornet's nest....for the bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment