Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, October 2, 2010

the last picture show...

sun sets on the Avocado Festival...

unfortunately, the California Avocado Festival will be no more..this is the last year it will be held....last night I was drinking an avocado margarita and rubbing guacamole all over my body, thinking, for some reason about Julie Ramos from KTYD..Julie was set to appear as a judge for the best guac so maybe that's it..but anyway, while I was relaxing, the new County Agriculture Commissioner called and told me that she will be stopping the festival and all Carpinteria Avocado production because avocados are ....non-native!! They are a Mexican fruit, she said...I said but California used to be Mexico so doesn't that make them native?? She hung up on me!! bitch!!
so anyway I hopped on my bike and hightailed in down to the festivities..no Julie Ramos but plenty of babes and people having a good time..Bob Marley was there doing his reggae thing...
I bought some big avos and will make a Mexican salad tonight in honor of the Mexican farmworkers....but first I had to mingle and taste some tri-tip and other goodies....too bad next year we'll all be without avocados...but there's nothing I can do..I'm afraid the native-only cult has beaten me...the only avocados available will be black market ones and if they catch you with one, it's a misdemeanor..that bill was signed into law by Arnold a few days ago..however, you can get high on pot and if they catch you it's just a fine now.... and you know, that's what Chico used to say when Groucho asked him how he was doing...justa fine...justa fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment