Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 1, 2010

Kiefer Sutherland on season 8 of '24' (Crave Online)

 
The 24 stars returns as Jack Bauer.
 
by Fred Topel
Feb 01, 2010

Q: There was a concerted effort to make 24 a green production last year. Is that continuing?

Kiefer Sutherland: Yeah. We started about, I believe, in almost season four. That's when we started and the goal was to be able to make 24 and not leave a carbon footprint.

Q: How are you doing with that?

Kiefer Sutherland: Depending on who you talk to, some people believe that we actually leave no carbon footprint. I don't know how that's possible because we have to drive to work but all of the trucks and things that we're using are hybrid trucks. We're not using gas fuels and there are a lot of things that are done within the office and the production build as well. So, yeah, I can tell you that we made a marked improvement from where we were in season one.

Q: Have we crossed the line where 24 and Jack Bauer are absolutely codependent?

Kiefer Sutherland: No. I've always believed that the star of this show was the format. It changed thrillers. The second that you had that moving clock in the corner it made people uncomfortable. It was a fantastic idea and that's what people were really interested in when they first tuned into the show and it was the challenge for the writers to service. I've always felt that was the real star of the show. We've had unbelievably loyal fans. I'm forever grateful for that and I would hope that a few of them would be quite cross if I wasn't doing it but I've always believed that the idea was really special. Certainly it was larger than any single person.

Q: A lot of people thought sparks were flying with Jack and Renee last year. Obviously, that doesn't seem like the way it's going.

Kiefer Sutherland: What I think is really unfortunate, because we show you four episodes, this is going to have such a shift by the time that you get to the end and we're very cognizant of that. It was something that I really wanted in season seven and we have to keep reminding ourselves that this is all taking place in one day and you don't develop those kinds of relationships but they've now known each other for quite some time and we were very cognizant, she and I were, even when we were working. We were aware that there is a really wonderful chemistry that I have with her as an actor and that the two character share together and it was something that we definitely wanted to take advantage of this year.

Q: Were you in New York long enough to play hockey with Dennis Leary?

Kiefer Sutherland: In Boston I got to play. They had the game at Fenway Park and the next day they had a classic. It was myself, Cam Neely, some of the great old Bruins and even Dave Schultz from the Philadelphia Flyers which I remember as one of the great fighters of all time on skates. But yeah, it was a lot of fun. It was a charity benefit. I think that they raised almost a half million dollars and it was great and I got to skate at Fenway Park.

Q: What about music activities?

Kiefer Sutherland: Yeah, still doing all of that. The music business is a tough world.

Q: Do you have a label down in Nashville?

Kiefer Sutherland: No. We operate out of Los Angeles and it's still Ironworks.

Q: Are you still working with Rocco DeLuca?

Kiefer Sutherland: Yeah.

Q: Anyone else?

Kiefer Sutherland: Rocco DeLuca. Honey Honey. There's another wonderful young band called Billy Boy On Poison. I just signed another artist named Jim Stapley out of the UK. So we're very excited about all of them.

Q: So you're still very hands on with the label?

Kiefer Sutherland: As much as I can be, yeah.

Q: Any interest in doing a comedy at some point?

Kiefer Sutherland: I have more of an interest in doing comedy than apparently anybody does having me in one.

Q: What's the best advice your father ever gave you?

Kiefer Sutherland: As an actor, one of the great pieces of advice that he gave me, and I was very young when he gave it to me and he was actually helping me with an audition and I think that I tried to kind of really fake something and he said, 'Oh, don't do that. An audience will catch you lying so fast it'll make your head spin.' I'll always remember that because it says two things. It means to me as an actor that whatever the moment is you find it from somewhere inside yourself. You make it real. The other is have a deep respect for the audience because they'll catch you if you're not.  

Source: CraveOnline.com
 
(Thanks Lisa (@K2293 on Twitter) for posting the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment