Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stop complaining about the weather and do what you gotta do!

“Oh, I wish it was spring already. I’m so tired of this,” an unidentified New Yorker.

SHUT UP!

I’m getting so tired of hearing people complain abut the rough winter weather we’ve been having in the Northeast.

Gimmie a break!

I don’t like it much either. My back is killing me from all the shoveling I’ve been doing after 8 winter storms. But, geez enough already with the bitching and moaning and toughen up for God’s sakes.

We used to be a tough breed as a society. But, now we’ve become so soft it’s ridiculous.

Compared to generations of the past who came here on rinky-dink wooden ships on a voyage that took weeks if not months, we’re as squishy as dry sponges.

Our forefathers had to deal with really harsh winters without central heating, snow blowers, space heaters, footie pajamas, and Oprah Winfrey and they seemed to manage okay.

A society that gets too sophisticated and comfortable with their IPads, GPS, laptops, and texting somebody every damn 10 seconds will eventually be conquered either from within, or without.

We used to say when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Get tough again, if you want to survive as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment