Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, January 18, 2010

Tea and Sympathy...

I have a dream..
hmmm.. Montecito Fire Protection District..you mean they protect fires from being put out....I got sources but they keep ending up dead, ya see? so I gotta be extra careful with my information gathering, see?
So I'm hearing things about the Tea Fire and the Montecito Fire Chief Kevin Wallace. You know, the guy who cuts down giant eucalyptus trees to prevent fires...that's the extent of this joker's plan...so I'm hearing things..it's all hearsay mind you, but my sources are folks who should know, ya know?
So yeah the Tea Fire was a huge fire breathing dragon that swept through the hills of Montecito on that fateful night...I hear people weren't exactly thrilled with the chief's response or fire preparedness planning... I heard that the Mountain Drive people were asking Chief Wallace for a fire brigade to patrol the hills in a smaller fire fighting vehicle but Wallace nixed the idea saying he didn't want to train his crews to operate smaller units!! I didn't press my source for details as he/she kept looking over his/her shoulder....but I also heard that some Mountain Drive folks have obtained building permits but the chief won't let them proceed because the access road to their properties is too narrow...that doesn't seem too helpful..Mountain Drive is all about narrow roads!! what is this guy, a control freak??
and what is the connection between Westmont and the owner of the Tea Fire property, also called Mar Y Cel..was the owner also a Westmont board member who suddenly stopped her big donations to the school??
and between the Montecito Fire District and Mar Y Cel..and what's become of the two district water reservoirs on the property? Were those used to fight the fire? are they even part of the fire prevention plan anymore??
I also heard that the Montecito Fire District engines just stood idle during the first phase of the fire...for some reason Wallace didn't send them quickly into action!! Finally, the Cold Springs station responded...
sounds like this little fire district is made up of a bunch of posers!
so the story has many unanswered questions, some facts and some fiction, but the district seems ill-equipped to handle fire events..and I don't trust them a bit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment