Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here For Kiefer! - 11/24/09



Sanjay Kapoor lands up in Los Angeles, not to meet his brother Anil but to meet the star of the TV series, 24

Sanjay Kapoor is a fan of the American TV show 24 and of its hero Keifer Sutherland, in particular. With elder brother Anil Kapoor now a part of the popular series, there was no way Sanjay could skip a chance to land up on the sets in Los Angeles.

Hooked
"I am a huge fan -- of the show and Keifer. I have watched all the seasons and have been hooked on for the past seven years," he says.
While Anil was shooting in Los Angeles, Sanjay was in New York. "As I was already in the US, I had to make it a point to fly down and meet Sutherland."
But it was not that easy for the actor-turned-producer. "Over there, you cannot just land up on the sets and take pictures and meet the stars. You have to obtain prior permission and more importantly, the star has to be shooting on the day you are on the sets."

Just my luck
As luck would have it, Sanjay landed on the sets when the Keifer was shooting. "Of course, he knew me as Anil's brother and that I was also an actor. But it was a moment to cherish. All these years I had watched him on the show, and now I was meeting him in person!"

Sanjay chatted with the 24 star about the show and about acting. He was thrilled when Keifer agreed to pose for keepsake photos with him. "They don't usually pose for pictures on the sets just like that. They need to be informed in advance. But for me, everything was going just right. In fact, he was doing a photoshoot that day. That is how I landed up with him on the scooter!"

Kiefer also gifted Sanjay a poster of the show with his autograph; now the actor's prized possession.
"Keifer asked me for how long I would be in LA. I told him, 'now that I have met you, my work is done!' The next day when Anil landed on the sets, he asked him about me, Anil told him I had already boarded a flight out of LA! In fact, Anil even told Keifer that he had specially flown down to meet him and not his own brother!"

What is 24?
24 tells the story of Jack Bauer (played by Keifer Sutherland) at the Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU). The show first aired on November 6, 2001 and currently airs on AXN. The longest-running espionage series in television history, 24 is broadcast in the semblance of real time with each season depicting a 24-hour period in the life of Bauer, who works with the United States government as it fights fictitious terrorist threats to the US.

Article Link: Mid-Day.com

No comments:

Post a Comment