Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

P.S. I Love You....

HOTTER THA N MOJAVE!!!

who would move to Palm Springs? What kind of a person would buy a house and actually move to Palm Springs...well..a gay person or an old person...that's who. Palm Springs is the place you go when nothing else is working out. It's a loser's paradise, a desperate compromise, and there's lots of folks there with Betty Davis eyes..
 
When you can't make it in the real world, you end up in Palm Springs...there's three things you can do with your time: golf and gamble and eat at the breakfast buffets..that's it! It's 100 degrees in the summer and there's no water anywhere..I can't live in a place where there's no water. I have to live by the ocean...I have to..the ocean's chemical makeup is said to mimic the womb's if you were fortunate enough not to get aborted...and that's why I feel a sense of peace and joy when I'm sitting in the sand watching the waves and the lady lying a few towels away from me, her bikini exposing 98% of her lucious body....the ocean is life; the desert is death..you go to Palm Springs to die! It's like moving to Death Valley!!

Well, Travis and his beau are moving to PS and I heard they bought themselves a little mobile home trailer after some correspondence with the locals:
I am a 44 year old gay man and am looking at moving to the Palm Springs/Cathedral City area with my partner and am looking for information regarding the mobile home parks there. I am looking a park that provides a lot of activities as well as holiday dinners. I don't golf so that part does not really matter. I have heard horror stories, in other parts of the country likw Santa Barbara, about someone gay moving into a park and the City Council there being all up in arms and freezing the gay person out.I am hoping that the Palm Springs area might be more accepting but there could still be an issue with the snowbirds. Does anyone have any insight for me regarding this? Travis

I would suggest that you look into the El Dorado Mobile Country Club. It is located on the border between Palm Springs and Cathedral City. My understanding is that it offers extensive activities and does have a large number of gay residents. You might also try the Date Palm Country Club in Cathedral City.

I also have been looking in P/S at Parks and find there will be no problems. There a many gays that live in them there. They very in rent from 400 to 600 and Date Palm is 800 to 1000 (most exspensive in the area i think). The MH very in price a great deal due to age, condition, and how fast people want to sell. You can buy the land but then you have to pay taxes, but a little easier to finance and one does not have to worry about the park being sold however I have not found that to be a big problem there.

Travis, I just returned from a fact-finding visit to Palm Springs last week to check out possible retirement living options. The mobile home communities are a very affordable option, and even in the over-55 communities there are a significant number of gay residents. And right now the prices are extremely reasonable due to the downturn in the housing market. Properties that were listed a year ago at $100,000 are now going for half that amount. The lot rents were as low as $320 and up to over $800. Some of that depended on the age of the community and the amenities, and also on the size of the lots. Check out the Desert Area MLS service to see whats available. As my friend out there put it to me - don't worry about being gay in any of these communities, the question is how many straight people are you willing to put up with!
seems everyone's looking for their own little paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment