Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

24 Things I'm Looking Forward To In Season 8



  1. Grandpa Jack - Jack Bauer is a grandpa? Looks like that's what we will see at the beginning of season 8. Looking forward to seeing Kiefer Sutherland's scenes with that cute little girl playing his granddaughter Teri. 
  2. Retired Jack Bauer - What will a retired Jack Bauer be like? We know he won't be retired for long because this is 24, but it should be interesting to see Jack attempting life away from government service once again. Hmmm... I wonder what kind of pension he gets from CTU?
  3. CTU New York - Although I enjoyed the FBI as the main agency last season, it's good to see CTU back again. It was a nice break during season 7 to change things up, but it's time to bring it back. Seems like a good move from the producers because from the pictures I've seen of CTU NY, it looks awesome. 
  4. What's Going On With Renee? - Besides Jack, I am really looking forward to finding out what's going on with the Renee Walker character. It's such a mystery as to what happened to her after we last saw her right before she began to interrogate Alan Wilson. Can't wait for her return this season.
  5. New CTU Director - I loved Bill Buchanan as the CTU Director and it was really sad to see him go last season. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing  Mykelti Williamson as the new CTU Director, Brian Hastings. An excellent actor and I can't wait to see the type of leader he will be at CTU NY.
  6. Chloe's Back At CTU - Chloe's been a stay at home mom most of the time since CTU was decommissioned between seasons 6 & 7. Now Chloe will be back as an analyst at the new CTU NY but will apparently be behind the technology changes that have taken place since she's been away.  Can't wait to see Chloe working with Jack once again. I always look forward to seeing our favorite socially-awkward computer analyst. One of my all-time favorite 24 characters.
  7. President Taylor - I really enjoyed Cherry Jones' portrayal of President Taylor last year and it was nice to see her win an Emmy for her season 7 performance. It should be interesting to see where this character goes this season in particular her interactions with the President Hassan character (Anil Kapoor). 
  8. President Hassan - Speaking of Presidents, another fine actor, Anil Kapoor has joined the 24 cast as the President of the fictional Middle Eastern country, Kamistan. He is in NY for a historic meeting at the UN with President Taylor and is in danger of assassination. I haven't seen a lot of Mr. Kapoor's work so I'm looking forward to seeing his character in season 8.
  9. Logan's Back!! - I absolutely loved the Charles Logan character in seasons 4, 5 and 6. I'm so glad Martha Logan didn't kill him with that kiwi knife and he lives on to possibly be a thorn in Jack's side once again!
  10. Freddie Prinze, Jr. In 24? Freddie Prinze, Jr. - What? - That was the reaction when it was first announced that he would be joining the cast as the head of field ops for CTU NY. People were like huh?? I hear he's a better actor than he's been given credit for so I'm very interested to see how he will fit into 24. I don't think I've ever seen him play a dramatic part so it should be interesting.
  11. Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh - OK, I'll admit it, I have never seen Katee Sackhoff in anything but apparently she was a very popular actress on "Battlestar Galactica". Another new character I'm interested in seeing. Her last name is Walsh. I wonder if she has any ties to a previous character, Richard Walsh from season 1? Hmmm...
  12. President Taylor's New Chief Of Staff - Apparently Ethan Kanin is no longer President Taylor's Chief of Staff but is in a different position within the government. The new character's name is Rob Weiss. A lot of new characters to become acquainted with this season.
  13. '24' In New York City - Jack Bauer in NYC! The energy of this city seems to fit perfectly with the energy of a Jack Bauer. D.C. was a nice change last season, but this year, I'm really looking forward to 24 being set in NY.
  14. The Old Jack Is Back - As great as Kiefer's performance was during S7 when he was sick from the bioweapon, I much prefer seeing a healthy, strong Jack kicking terrorist butt! Based on the previews I've seen so far, looks like that Jack will be back for season 8!
  15. Jack and Kim - I'm anxious to see Jack and his daughter's relationship during season 8. Since she did save her father's life and given him a granddaughter, it looks like they have grown close again which will be nice to see.
  16. Ethan Kanin - As mentioned earlier, Ethan will no longer be President's Taylor's Chief of Staff; I've heard he's going to be the Secretary of State. I really liked his character so I am interested to see where this character goes in this new role within the government. 
  17. The Assassination Plot - The first major threat of season 8 will be an assassination plot against the visiting President Hassan. I can't wait to see how this unfolds and who all the players are behind the plot.
  18. 24's Signature Stunts - I want to see what great stunts and explosions the 24 crew comes up with for season 8. Looks like some awesome ones in the previews. 
  19. Jack & Renee - What's going to happen between these two? Will they be just friends, maybe more? Hmmm...
  20. Jack & New CTU Director's Relationship: Can't wait to see how Jack will work with the new CTU Director, Brian Hastings. Will it be like it was with Bill or more like his relationship with Erin Driscoll?
  21. Jack & Chloe Back Together Again - Hope we will see Jack & Chloe working closely together again. Always enjoyed that relationship because they are VERY different characters.
  22. How Will Jack Get Around NYC? - Taxi, Subway?...seriously, probably a CTU vehicle but it will be interesting to see if Jack takes any typical NYC modes of transportation during the season.
  23. How Many Bad-Guys Will Jack Kill? - I wonder how many bad-guys Jack will have run-ins with and how many creative ways can they come up with for Jack to do away with them? 
  24. Setup For Season 9? - Despite everything out there indicating that this is the last season of 24, I'm still optimistic that there will be a season 9. I'm anxious to see how season 8 will setup season 9 of 24. LONG LIVE 24 & JACK BAUER!!!!
-By 24FanForever


(Special thanks to my friend Lisa for contributing several of these on the list!)

No comments:

Post a Comment