Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

livin' for the weekend!!

castles in the sun...
so it's Saturday JULY 24th and still the fog and clouds...on July 24, summer, 2010...years ago when the coastal fog was persistent in summer, I would go up to Mountain Drive in my VW Bug and hang out by the side of the road and play guitar....then I'd go on a hike up Cold Spring with my Ovation..damn that was a cool guitar..it floated because the back was rounded and made of plastic...awright those hippie days are over and now I'm a man, but still I am drawn to the peace and love of Mountain Drive..so I went to check out the recovery since the Tea fire...wow! It's sunny and hot up here..and quiet and the plants and trees are coming back..and the birds and runners and bicyclists,and I can hear the hikers on the ridge...even the castle is coming along...I would love to buy a cheap 1/4 acre up here...a fire sale..maybe. But ohh, I love it and you can see the fog bank over the coast....the ever-present fog..always looming...but today, I feel like I'm in sunny Big Sur..it's just beautiful!!
So I get back from Mountain Drive and spy a gathering at Harley Davidson..I go home and hop on my mountain bike and go back to check it out..on my way, some Harley bikers, about 12, whiz by me and come way too close, then one swerves into the bike lane ahead of me to send a little message..whew, that pissed me off so I followed them into Harley and started swearing at them and taking pictures..they all just looked at the ground like zombies!! "I'm gonna shut you fuckheads down"... I screamed but no one heard cause the bikes were too noisy..so I went home...
the event was to support the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT, another really seedy rightwing war nonprofit that is tied in with Sean Hannity..Hannity and Ollie North give lots of cash to WWP from their Freedom Alliance nonprofit which has been accused of funneling money to Hannity and his friends!!
In fact, less than 20%–and in two recent years, less than 7% and 4%, respectively–of the money raised by Freedom Alliance went to these causes, while millions of dollars went to expenses, including consultants and apparently to ferry the Hannity posse of family and friends in high style. And, despite Hannity’s statements to the contrary on his nationally syndicated radio show, few of the children of fallen soldiers got more than $1,000-$2,000, with apparently none getting more than $6,000, while Freedom Alliance appears to have spent tens of thousands of dollars for private planes. Moreover, despite written assurances to donors that all money raised would go directly to scholarships for kids of the fallen heroes and not to expenses, has begun charging expenses of nearly $500,000 to give out just over $800,000 in scholarships. Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers..Debbie SCHLUSSEL
ollie
remember about three years ago Operation Family Fund tried to raise money at the Harley Davidson religious cult headquarters with fraud/quack Dr.Laura right here in Carp at Santa Claus Lane..now they got this outfit, the Wounded Warriors who have had their own little controversies involving money and suing other smaller war nonprofits who use the name "warrior" in the title....suing other soldiers!!! and they won...
This lawsuit is about one thing and only one thing: money. That Wounded Warrior Project took in over $10 million during its last fiscal year isn't enough, apparently. In comparison, Wounded Warriors received a little more than $400,000 in contributions in 2006.
Wounded Warrior Project has also sent letters threatening legal action to another small, yet very dedicated, non-profit organization, Hope For The Warriors
soldiers
VETS' CHARITY WINS LAWSUIT AGAINST VETS' CHARITY
Wounded Warriors Family Support, formerly known as Wounded Warriors Inc., must pay nearly $1.7 million to Wounded Warrior Project Inc.
NOTE from Larry Scott, VA Watchdog dot Org ... I receive many emails asking me about charities who claim to benefit veterans. My stock answer is: If you don't know who they are or what they do, don't donate. I only recommend one charity ... that is VA Voluntary Services. Call your local VA and ask for the Voluntary Services Office. They will have a long list of needs. That way you know every cent you give goes directly to veterans.
the bottom line is Wounded Warriors Project, Inc is a rightwing PAC slushfund disguised as a veterans charity..they want to tkeep the war machine going and when the vets come back with their arms blown off, the WWP gives them a few crumbs to show they really care....
web clippings: Why a 'D' rating for Wounded Warrior Project? by: Cheryl
My son's car club has scheduled a charity cruise for May. They have invited the car club I am involved in to join them.The charity is the Wounded Warrior Project and I noticed on your site, they have a "D" rating.Can you tell me why? Cheryl, thank you for your question. The veterans charities ratings posted on our site were done by the American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP), and reported to Congress in December 2007. While we can't speak for them, there are three major factors which generally explain most of the low ratings:-- ineptitude at fund raising, i.e., an inability to raise the needed funds,-- payment of large amounts to outside fund-raising groups or companies in order to raise the needed funds, and-- payment of excessive salaries and benefits to officers of the organization.
ok, I've had just about enough of these morons trying to ruin my weekend....shall I file a complaint to the cops and maybe they will learn to respect bicyclists on the road instead of trying to run them down...I'll send you Jesusbikers a little message, too..YOU messed WITH THE WRONG MARINE TODAY SHITHEADS!! If you're not careful, you could go blind like that fatass pastor from Saddleback church, Rick Warren!!
so back to the weather and what is causing all the grey gloom at the coast..Harley Davidson in Carpinteria..that's my theory..all the pollution from the hogs and phony charities is messing up the jetstream....
and ever since these faux-Christian biker goons moved in, the neighborhood has gone down in value, except for the 20-30 million dollar homes on Padaro..but still, the quality has sunk due to the old Harley punks..tatoos eveywhere, leather, cigarettes, big bellies...hey fellas, it's 2010 and TIME TO EVOLVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment