Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, September 3, 2009

such a night...

sweet confusion under the moonlight...

OK..I got me an idea...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
I, Mick Von Caw, do hereby announce I am agonna start me up a nonprofit..I thunk about it all night in the oppressive heat and humidity whilest I was gazing at the orange moon and orange Jupiter whilst I was wandering thru the Hollywood Hills, wut also were orange due to all the fires down south here and climate change...how about I draw a light orange line on all the houses that're gwinna boin down in the next fire! Why am I talking like Dr. John the Night Tripper? I do not know...
Anyway, my nonprofit is going to be called Critter Haven, a place for roadkill to RIP!
I like to walk and ride my bike in the hills and stop and walk among the dandelions..and watch the birds and dragonflies and all the things that will disappear if you elect any more Republicans! So yeah I'm riding my bike and there's another dead animal in the middle of the road! You ever seen them miniature donkeys..well a few were lying right in the road..something needs to be done, I thought..and as Louden Wainright once sang:
Crossin' the highway late last night He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right He didn't see the station wagon car The skunk got squashed and there you are!Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon! You got yer Dead skunk in the middle of the road Dead skunk in the middle of the road You got yer dead skunk in the middle of the road Stinkin' to high Heaven!
 
So now I'm gonna scrape up all these sqwooshed dead rats and things and take 'em to my yard and bury them in little plots with crosses like Arlington West! This will show PETA how much I love animals. And to help and support me in my endeavor, I will enlist the help of the NonProfit Support Center:
support
History
The Nonprofit Support Center (NSC) is a regional training, consulting, and resource center for board members, staff, and volunteers of nonprofit organizations. NSC began as an idea that came out of the Partnership for Excellence Conference. Local foundations and nonprofits found the need for a central location for information, resources, professional development, and consulting for nonprofit organizations.
NSC was founded in 1995 under the auspices of the Santa Barbara Foundation and with the support of the James Irvine Foundation, the NSC became an independent nonprofit organization on January 1, 1997. NSC expanded to an office in Santa Maria in 2004 and then to San Luis Obispo in 2008.
The Nonprofit Support Center is a nonprofit within a nonprofit! Some folks on the Board of Directors are my pals like Karl Hutterer. He's the guy who won't talk to me unless I'm civil to him!
and he makes over $130000 as CEO of the Santa Barabara Museum of Natural History! He must be really rich taking two salaries in two nonprofits!!
Now, I don't expect much of a salary at Critter Haven, I'll start small and maybe #69 can give me a pointer or two (wink wink)...
I'll keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment