Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, July 17, 2010

French Kiss...

Saturday and Sunday in the Park.....

so off I go into Santa Barbara..the French Festival at Oak Park is always fun..I love to go early and sit by the music stage and watch the festivities unfold with a cup of French brewed coffee..on my way in I spy a possible illegal alien..if this was Arizona, this cholo would be in jail by now..but this isn't Arizona, this is France as far as I'm concerned..come one come all and merci beaucoup!!
ok, so I get there and it's nice and warm but cool in the shade of the oaks..this park and neighborhood of bungalows are treasures that are threatened by the ever looming Cottage Hospital Corporation...I mean, how big can you be?? It's ridiculous!!
I walk around and vendors are setting up, I grab a seat... the sound system guys are working and playing some French rap thru the PA system..sounds good! French rap is like American rap but with a music IQ! so I'm watching the scenery and seeing some gals, young and old, and young and firm..wow, such beauty so close and yet so far away..I tried to look like a Frenchman but the only female to show any interest was this poodle bitch... fellas, I almost went for it..she had nice teeth!
so the first act was three young cute babes, blonde and fresh outta college with master degrees in flute! I bought a flute a year ago and can play a few things but these girls are good, and they had a cellist to anchor the flighty flute sounds...they are called Silver Winds and were a nice way to start the morning..then more babes come walking by and there's some trailer park trolls, too...geez...what happened to these ladies...how can this be?? anybody???
then we have Jessica Fichot playing her brand of French accordian music with some Chinese and Russian thrown in..and with a fantastic band backing her up..guitar,stand up bass and clarinet ....a great and unique act..this young woman works hard and travels playing her music..she's got guts and I hope she gets her due...she's got a big following already!
I head out and the kids pool is open finally and... well, this is how a park should look...Viva La French Festival!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment