Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Planet of the Apes...

Bulletin: trick monkeys take over area newspapers!

Ok... Dr. Laura is kinda neutralized now and who does that leave? Who could be dumber than the good doctor..Dr. L isn't dumb she just plays dumb alot..I mean who else is really dumb?...my new find.. Gina Perry from the Daily Pound..hey, she's a dog, I call it like I see it! l will be spending some quality time with Gina in the future..it is my civic duty to smarten her up..for her own good, for our own good, we can't have people this stupid walking the streets..she's an eyesore on the brain....
but before I rip into her, I got Dr. Laura playing dumb again...geez..what is it with these women?

can you hear me doctor, are you with me doctor??
Dr. Laura finally admits she's not a professional psychologist..a caller apparently distressed over her son's health issues, asked Laura if she should go into therapy...Laura replies: no..endure!
"I asked her what she thought the folks who blazed the trail west in covered wagons did when people died of illness or accident, or if the Indians attacked or food got scarce? Did they all line up in front of a therapist’s tent to express their pain and look for a magic cure to get through the sometimes unpleasant realities of life, or did they pray, hold onto each other and ultimately….endure?
She laughed, and said, "I see what you mean."
We are sturdier creatures than we take credit for. I am a licensed therapist, and there are, indeed, situations in which individuals cannot endure, due to a distinct compromise in a person’s ability to be rational, such as mental illness or severe trauma. In these situations, I refer people to mental health professionals."
not a hack like me!
Dr. Laura completely misses the point of therapy... and she calls herself a therapist!! Seeking help (group or individual therapy with those in the helping profession) for rare situations that have confounded you is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength..it is a step that you take to gain more awareness with others who are going through similar circumstances...so don't let anyone tell you otherwise..therapy is designed to make you less dependent on social rules and societal programming and encourages you to be more in touch with yourself..thereby becoming less needy..ie ..a leader instead of a victim...
That scares some people who depend on your neediness to make them feel important..like Dr. Laura. Her advice to "deal with it" which may keep you stuck, instead of opening up to new ways of seeing things, is grounds for removing her license, if she had one..so I'll just smack her on the fanny for now..dumb ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment