Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sad News... Long-Time Director/Producer Leaving '24'


I read some sad news on the official '24' fourm that Jon Cassar, long-time Director/Producer on '24' has left the show to pursue other projects. Production Designer Joseph Hodges has also left. Jon posted a message on the '24' forum and it is as follows:

"There have been many posts asking about the fan phone. I'm not sure what is going to happen with it because I am not involved with the show anymore. I've officially signed on to do a new pilot for CBS called Washington Field about the DC branch of the FBI. I will not be involved in the production of season 8 on 24.

I've always enjoyed your comments, and I will continue to read your thoughts on season 7. Nothing makes me happier then knowing you are enjoying, what I think is a great complete season. (I know this because we are doing the sound and music mix on eps 23 & 24 in the next two weeks).

The show has been my life for the last 6 years, and I've worked with the best cast and crew in the business. I'm proud to call them my friends. I've left the show in the capable hands of Brad Turner and Milan Cheylov, the producer directors that will continue to fight to make 24 one of the best shows on TV.

And even though I'm exited about starting new projects and delving into the feature film world, I am sad to close a chapter in my life that undoubtedly was the best of my carrer.

Thank You All for Watching"

This is sad news for '24' fans. All the Directors on '24' are great, but Jon was always my favorite. Thanks for all the great work you have produced on '24' and good luck to you and Joseph with your future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment