Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pelican Man Diaries..

ducks in the wind....

no doubt you've seen the Grizzly Man Diaries..an extraordinary documentary about Alaskan bears and foxes by Timothy Treadwell, who pushed his luck and got killed by one of the bears he loved so well..his girlfriend got mauled to death too..well, I'm not as brave as Treadwell, but I do have a camera and an affinity towards animals because they know I won't bullshit them..I give them the staight dope. So it came as no surprise when I went on a Saturday ride and visited some creeks...I parked the bike and peered over the side of Toro Creek and all the little duck birdies came swimming towards me.. "hey, it's Uncle Mick" they screamed...I sat down on the bridge wall and they were all excited and proudly swimming in circles like some SB City Council candidates...they knew I wasn't going to feed them..there's plenty of food in the water..they were just visiting and happy to see me..and I them. Even cars going over the skinny bridge slowed down to pay their respects for this rare moment...and then I came across a little white egret (Snow White) who was poised for a picture, not at all afraid of me..why, who would be afraid of me???
Down towards the mouth of the creek by the beach, a big pelican (Uncle Remus) was swimming around, eyeing me like an optometrist...he was suspicious at first, but apparently recognized me not as rescuer Julia or phony Wendy or dumbass Nipper, but Mick, the Pelican Man..he swam a little closer..closer..here Uncle Remus.... come to your bro, I thought..and he did..he came right close and for the first time in my life I felt a part of a family...the bird family..my chronic lonliness disappeared for five minutes...I felt like a child being embraced by Lillian Gish in the movie Night of the Hunter...I was thankful and humbled by the birds..then I said my goodbyes....I went over to my pal Kevin Costner's house to see if he wanted to play or do a documentary about whatever..he wasn't home but there was a bunch of temporary clapboard houses and junk in his big yard! and you know, ever since all these actors moved into the hood, they put up all these warning signs: This Area Under Surveillance..We watch them..they watch us..
next, I'll visit the black bears...

No comments:

Post a Comment