Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

oh lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz..

is it time to free Santa Barbara from the grip of Pearl Chase?? or free Pearl Chase from the grip of SB?? to give up the ghost?
who is Pearl Chase anyway? I know Janis Joplin was referred to as Pearl, but I don't think they were the same person..everytime I read the news or listen to the candidates, someone mentions Pearl Chase..Pearl Chase this, Pearl Chase that...was she that good in bed, I wonder, that everyone is always mentioning her?? Why else would you talk about a dead woman? Maybe she was an artist..we talk about artists and poets alot even though they're dead...was Pearl a poet? Well, let me narrow it down. It seems Pearl's name comes up when folks talk about buildings..if you build a certain way, Pearl Chase might roll over in her grave...if you don't save a building, Pearl might have a fit..seems a lot of people know what Pearl is thinking all the time...kinda like people who know what Jesus is thinking, or the Founding Fathers..maybe Pearl has moved on in death and actually likes the bigass buildings on Chapala that replaced the termite-infested shacks..maybe I'll speak for Pearl now..maybe she's sick and tired of having her name used for political reasons, didya ever think about that?? I know there's a nonprofit called the Pearl Chase Society which has done some good things, but maybe lately has become a tool for bad people! You see, I think Pearl was misunderstood..I think she was more like Janis than people think..Janis wanted to preserve the blues and lived her art; Pearl wanted to preserve the historical integrity of California, not every building! She was very helpful in the campaign to preserve several beautiful Santa Barbara coastal parks now in California's jewel case; El Capitan, Refugio and Gaviota. She was a child of nature, not a political puppet! She was a conservationist at heart!
Now, I want all you politicos to leave Pearl alone and start thinking for yourselves, like the Pearls would want you to....

No comments:

Post a Comment